Dr. Georg T. Becker
- Ehemalige/r Mitarbeiter/in - Lehrstuhl Embedded Security
Fakultät für Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik
- Since 01/2014: Post-doctoral researcher at the Embedded Security Group at the Ruhr-University Bochum
- 01/2010 - 12/2013: PhD Student at in the VLSI Systems and Circuit Group at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. PhD thesis: "Intentional and Unintentional Side-Channels in Embedded Systems"
- 08/2013 - 10/2103: Intern in the DPA team at Cryptography Research (CRI)
- 08/2009 - 12/2009: Researcher at the Embedded Security Group at the Ruhr-University Bochum
- 01/2009 - 06/2009: Visiting researcher in the GPS Laboratory at Stanford University
- 2007 - 2009: Master of Science in IT-Security at the Ruhr-University of Bochum
- 2003 - 2007: Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science at the Ruhr-University of Bochum
I am working on various topics in the area of hardware security. So far mainly on following topics:
- Hardware Trojans
- Side-channel Analysis
- IP-Protection (Hardware and Software watermark, Hardware Obfuscation)
- Physical Unclonable Functions (PUFs)
- Secure Location Verification
- Tough the graduate level course "ECE 697AB Security Engineering" in Sprin 2013 at the University of Massachusetts
- Teaching assistant for "Embedded Microcontrollers" at the Ruhr-University of Bochum in Spring 2008
- Co-Organizer of the 1st Workshop of Malicious Software and Hardware in Internet of Things in Como in May 2016 (Mal-IoT 2016); Program committee member of ACM Computer Frontiers 2016
- Reviewer for (journals): IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security (TIFS), IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems (VLSI), IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD), Journal of the ACM, ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC), ACM Computing Surveys, Journal of Cryptographic Engineering (JCEN), ...
- Reviewer for (conferences): CRYPTO, EUROCRYPT, ASIACRYPT, CHES, HOST, DATE, FSE, COSADE, ISCAS, ReConFig, ...
2018 2017 201620152014 2013 2012201120102009