Dr.-Ing. Timo Kasper
- Former Assistant - Chair Embedded Security
Dept. of Electr. Eng. and Information Technology
- Since Oct. 2006: Researcher at the Chair for Embedded Security
- 2004: Semester abroad at the University of Sheffield, UK
- 1999: Studies of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at the Ruhr-University in Bochum
Besides regular lectures at the Ruhr-University Bochum Timo has been teaching at the Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg in Sankt Augustin and at the Faculty of Information Technology at the Czech Technical University (CVUT) in Prague.
Timo is interested in all kinds of Embedded Security Devices, with a focus on
- Security of Real-World Embedded Systems
- RFID and Wireless Communication
- Fault Injection and Side-Channel Analysis
- Microcontrollers, Smartcards and FPGAs
Timo's Diploma Thesis Embedded Security Analysis of RFID Devices was decorated with the 1st place of the Award for IT Security 2006 (CAST, Darmstadt). His dissertation Security Analysis of Pervasive Wireless Devices - Physical and Protocol Attacks in Practice obtained the 1st place of the award for the most outstanding PhD Thesis in IT Security 2012 (CAST, Darmstadt).
Projects supported by the Government
- 141024: Implementation of Cryptographic Schemes
- 141030: Software Implementation of Cryptographic Schemes